Tri-County Regional Planning Commission, located at 456 Fulton Street, Suite 401, Peoria, IL 61602, is looking for a part-time Staff Accountant.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the part-time Staff Accountant provides financial support to the Commission. The position supports the Commission's goals and objectives. The position maintains a highly professional image requiring discretion, judgment, and initiative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to book of accounts, such as general ledger accounts, project costing ledger and documenting business transactions
- Standard journal entries, adjusting entries and reversing journal entries.
- Analyze daily banking transactions and reconciles bank transactions to the books.
- Reconcile sub-ledger accounts and accounts receivable and payables.
- Payroll input, processing, and reconciliation
- Prepare monthly operating reports including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statements on QuickBooks and make spread sheets for ad hoc analysis
- Verify and reconcile contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company internal accounting controls and company procedures and policies.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Provide advice and assistance and early warning of such problems as cost over-runs, excessive charges, and potential penalties. Develop models to depict budgetary financial and related activities tailored for specific operations.
- Will be required to give written and oral reports to the boards and subcommittees of the Commission.
Associate’s degree in accounting (bachelor’s degree preferred), five years of full charge general ledger financial accounting experience, and proficiency in QuickBooks.
- Strong organizational ability of records and files is necessary to complete timely, accurate and complete financial analysis.
- Publicly communicate in written and oral ways with clear and concise understanding of accounting and financial related topics and issues.
- Several years’ experience delivering financial accounting to management and satisfactory establishment of this experience and skill set.
- Honesty and integrity in professional and personal conduct, with an understanding of an ethical framework and how it applies in the workplace.
Hours and Wages
Up to 24 hours per week during normal business hours. $26 to $34/hour DOQ.
Send cover letter and resume by Friday, August 25, 2017 to Debbie Ulrich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tri-County Regional Planning Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.